Home       About Us       Orphan Care       Ethiopia       

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Meet Naomi


 
In case you were wondering Naomi's head rests on a swivel holding clamp that fits securely to our kitchen counter - this makes practicing so much easier.

I refuse to be the Mom that keeps her daughter's hair short simply because she can't manage it and chooses not to invest the time to learn how. I remember how important my hair was to me when I was a little girl (and sad to say still is) ... I want to honor my daughter by making her feel beautiful both inside and out. It may sound superficial but one way I plan to do this is by mastering the art of African America hair.

That's where Naomi comes in. Her hair is 100% African American hair that can be washed, styled, and used as a product test lab ... I'm aware that our daughter's hair texture may be the complete opposite of Naomi's but it's a start and a place for me to perfect my mad braiding skills {sarcasm} while we wait for our referral. I can't wait to get started ... if you see me with cramped up fingers in the coming weeks you'll know why.

2 comments:

  1. hi, i randomly stumbled upon your blog from your youtube video. as an african american female i wanted to give you major props for learning how to do black hair! don't give up, you can do it!! it's mostly trial and error... even for me at age 25 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome to practice on Saidi anytime! I'll call you on hairwash day - that would be great experience for you! I bet Naomi doesn't scream and wiggle like Saidi does!

    ReplyDelete