Home       About Us       Orphan Care       Ethiopia       

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Down the Long and Winding Road

As of Tuesday, July 19th we have been on the wait list for:

Mammaw (Dorothy) Walker

8 Months!
I am blessed to have such a great mother-in-law. Dorothy will be traveling with us on our second trip to Ethiopia. I love her and her willingness to push her own boundaries and expand her comfort zone for both us and her grand-daughter. I can't wait to see the two of them together, it just melts my heart thinking about it.

We celebrated our 8 months being on the wait list on the last day of our staycation. We went to Nolin Lake for a long weekend and it was wonderful.


Our lake house get-a-way nestled in the woods. Yes, that is our minivan and no, we don't have kids YET but we love our minivan.



 What a sight! A mamma deer and her triplet fawns in front of the house.
Lots of wildlife sightings!


Our corgi Gracie loved swimming and fetching her frisbee off the dock.



Chilling 



     Us, prior to turning into lobsters.

No referrals from our agency for almost a month now (ugh!). It's frustrating but for the most part I have "turned my frown upside down". I have an odd peace with the wait right now and I am enjoying it. A few years ago when I was struggling with God's plan for our family I discovered "Truth for Life" with Alistair Begg and I listen to him on my drive into work in the mornings and now I listen to him on my iPhone too - there's a Truth for Life App (love it!).

On July 12th Alistair gave a great sermon entitled, "Who is Doing What?" and it gave me new found hope. The sermon was simply a reminder that, "HE is constantly at work inside of us giving us the energy and strength to struggle, labor and strive through difficulty (i.e. the wait). HE is constantly at work within us giving us the will and power to do what pleases HIM the most".

Some days the longing for her can be so intense that it truly feels like a heartache but Bret and I both believe that we are following God's plan for our life and her life. We felt called by HIM to embark on this journey and sometimes we forget that the same one who placed us on this journey, is the same one that will give us the strength to finish it and see it through. We are placing our faith in HIM and laying our aniexty at HIS feet.

For now we are enjoying the present and continuing on our journey, humming Darius Rucker's lyrics, "it won't be like this for long", along the way.  This too shall pass and if God is for us, who can be against us?

Continued prayers appreciated.

Much Love,

3 comments:

  1. Great words of wisdom! We are continuing to pray for you each and every day. Hang in there friend! Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the Brangers are there for you guys. Prayers your way. Great to see you.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful blog. I know God will bless you with a child soon! While you're waiting, a great book to read it Jennifer Grant's new adoption memoir, "Love You More." She and her family also had to wait a long time for their daughter, I know you will connect with her story. I think you'd also like her blog at www.jennifergrant.com

    ReplyDelete