Home       About Us       Orphan Care       Ethiopia       

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I'll admit it ... I have been in a funk this week with our adoption!

I went from accepting that our referral would take 12-18 months (from the 7-11 months we were originally quoted) and not thinking of our adoption every waking moment; to feeling like it could be any day; to now feeling like it's an eternity away again. All of these thoughts have taken place over the course of two weeks - talk about a roller coaster!
Why the sudden change of heart? Well, on Monday another referral was given out (YEAH!) for a 6.5 month old boy and the family waited 11 months. This meant that no one under us on the wait list requested a boy, which means that everyone under us is more than likely waiting for girls. We know 1-4 are waiting on siblings but we never thought that 5-9 would ALL be waiting for girls.

As a friend recently pointed out ... 5-9 could be waiting on siblings or girls 0-6 months old. This could all be true because we don't know with 100% certainty what the families have requested but for now the signs all point to girls. All week I have been in a funk thinking there have to be 5 more girls referred before we get ours and how much longer is that going to take?

So today I am sitting here laughing at myself ... I am so flipping impatient that I have refused to see the positive side of all of this - we are only 5 girl referrals away from seeing our daughter AND for someone who started at #53 on the wait list 12 months ago - that is an accomplishment!

I am thankful and hopeful that we are closer to seeing the gift that God will place in our lives. I pray that God will allow me to continue to see the positive side, opposed to the dark doubtful side, and as always I continue to pray for patience.

Please keep us in your prayers too,

2 comments:

  1. Just remember what your Aunt Twonana said "God is teaching you patience"....good things come to those who wait! I promise! You do make me smile with every post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you have been going through the same thing. Thank you for cheering me up when you are feeling the same way. You are absolutely in the home stretch!
    Deena

    ReplyDelete