Home       About Us       Orphan Care       Ethiopia       

Monday, February 14, 2011

A New Decade

Well it had to happen eventually, I turned 30.

Yes, it's true but honestly it wasn't as bad as I expected. I think I was okay with the big 3-0 because I know that I'm on my way to being right where I always dreamed I'd be by 30 - on my way to having a family. Being a mom has always been something that I've longed for and to know that our daughter will be here soon (hopefully before my next birthday) is so reassuring and extremely exciting!

To celebrate this momentous occasion we celebrated where else, Queen of Sheba. We reserved the private room and ate in traditional Ethiopian style. We had a great time and Bret and I enjoyed sharing the Ethiopian food experience with our friends.


Bret gave me this sweet and thoughtful gift for my birthday:


It's the "Paper Pregnant" woman's baby bump. I love it and you too, Bret! Thanks to everyone that made my birthday so special! 

3 comments:

  1. That's a very very sweet gift. Hoping to sooner than later for your expectant bundle of joy to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty! So glad I got to celebrate with you this weekend...good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I turned 30 this past July too. I know this decade will be amazing. We'll be bringing our babies home! :)

    ReplyDelete