Home       About Us       Orphan Care       Ethiopia       

Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Insider

This is how we feel on the inside ...


and it's starting to show on the outside.

No referrals + no explanations + delays at the US Embassy + a full transition home + courts still being closed + unanswered emails = one emotionally exhausted couple!

In the beginning, we humbly came before our family and friends and asked for both your emotional and financial support to help us create our family through adoption. You were AMAZING!!! I mean SUPER AMAZING!!! Through your overwhelming generosity we raised over $20,000 in 6 short months. WOW!! I still get chills just thinking about it ... who says there aren't angels among us?!

These days we find ourselves in need of hugs ... LOTS of HUGS, shoulders to be used as snot rags and warm bodies to hold our punching bags. We may not have a lot to say because frankly there isn't a lot of information being relayed but we could use the warmth and love of our friends and family just being there. We're in a rough spot right now ... we feel so close but in all reality we're still so far away.

I hope to share more news with you soon. Right now we're anxiously awaiting the courts to reopen, praying for families to pass Embassy, and REALLY hoping that our agency gives out referrals soon. The most heartbreaking thing about all the waiting is that the need for forever families has not changed ... orphanages and transition homes are still full of orphans ... the sad truth is that a mountain of bureaucracy is just standing between the two.

"Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Matthew 11:23-24 


Praying,

2 comments:

  1. Standing in faith with you! Praying for GOOD news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Walkers, I have been following your story for about 9 months now. I wanted to let you know that I've been praying for you, especially recently as I've checked your blog and there haven't been updates. I can't imagine the frustrating and disappointment you are feeling right now. I wish I could tell you why things are the way they are. I wish I could give you an answer as to "when". But all I can offer is the comfort that God knows and He is holding you as you wait. Keep faith. Our God is greater...

    Carla

    ReplyDelete